Thread: Alternative travel

Alternative travel

Hello, I am in love with KOA: Reckoning, it's a perfect game, although there is one thing that I would like to see, something like horses or dragons, something to ride across the plains of Amalur, I think it would add something to the game, maybe it could be incorporated into an add-on quest, I personally would definitely buy it.
    Thank you

Yes, your right. I think that this does need to be incorperated into the game. Dragons would be great but I doubt that would be included because it would be too quick and easy to travel everywhere, almost like fast travel (which I don't know how to do :/) so there is no point in that.

Skyrim have horses, if anything similar was included in KOA, it would be awesome.

Great idea.

Would be a great update to the game which is much needed because if anything, it's the one major thing missing and as stated, Skyrim has this and if Reckoning was to also have a pet or something to travel with, it would help the game and make it more fun.

wise words

no words of wisdom threads???

mounts would be nice =)

Umm...I don't really get this...I mean things like mounts of some kind that would (presumably travel faster) would be annoying to maneuver in many places, particularly Klurikon and Alabastra. Furthermore, unlike Skyrim, you have monsters all over the areas which would hinder your riding experience (sure, you could do horse combat or something but that would be severely limiting the combat capabilities you have in Amalur).

Hi,
    total nonsense, why you'd want something what many other games have - you want them to be all 'the same'?
    You can travel to any place you've been via 'teleporting' and that's all you need...

Quote Originally Posted by Reckon View Post
    Yes, your right. I think that this does need to be incorperated into the game. Dragons would be great but I doubt that would be included because it would be too quick and easy to travel everywhere, almost like fast travel (which I don't know how to do :/) so there is no point in that.

Skyrim have horses, if anything similar was included in KOA, it would be awesome.
    Oh, you don't know how to fast travel? Just press M in the game and switch to world map if you are currently shown the local map. Then press on any destination and a dialogue box will appear asking whether you would like fast travel to that place.

As to mounts, I think that could be an substitute to fast travel, because the latter is much too convenient in the game, costing no actual time or money. If land mounts as horses are added in the game, we may charge for money for using the mount, and the fee is up to the distance you want to travel for. Also, sky mounts could be added in order to travel overseas or travel between land and floating structures such as Idylla in Teeth of Naros.